Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Conversation With A Friend

During a conversation I had with an friend yesterday, I was asked the question, “what has God been teaching you lately?” To which I responded, “I have learned that I am horrible at loving people.” (I am not speaking of the romantic type of love, but rather, “love your neighbor as yourself” love). One thing I know for sure...if I loved people the way I love myself, my life would look very different. As if these thoughts weren’t depressing enough, I read a quote by John Wesley today that said, “Beware that you are not swallowed up in books! An ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge.” I often find myself swallowed up in books and maybe that’s part of the problem.
I am currently searching myself for an answer to the second question I was asked: “how are you going to grow in loving people?” Maybe I’ll find a good book on that topic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home