Monday, May 02, 2005

"hmmm....I've said too much"

Ever feel like you’ve said too much. I was talking with a friend yesterday and I unloaded about four weeks worth of “spiritual processing” on him. I realized after the fact that it probably made little sense if any and therefore, could have been omitted. I think sometimes we speak and never say anything. In other words, we waste words. I suspect that words that make no sense are a waste as well. This is not to say that every word that comes out of our mouths must be profound or serious (I enjoy funny stories, jokes and sarcasm as much as the next guy). I also think that at times in my life I have just needed to say something to somebody regardless of just “speaking” or wasting words. I believe that the words that resonate in my heart and mind most deeply are words that have a realness, words that have a “heart quality” to them. All this to say, Matt, sorry I unloaded on you, but the words were coming out of a place where God is renovating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home