Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Home

During my 45 minute drive to work this morning, which was longer than normal due to a Mac truck and a small car that looked like a pile of scrap metal, I was thinking about my home. The reason being is that my house is now on the market and will someday be sold, if the Re/max man, who is like the butler in the movie Mr. Deeds with a lesser degree of tact, has his way. Allow me to digress…well… lets just say it almost turned into some late night home alone last samurai right on action.
Where is my home? What is my home? Chris and Rod have some good insight. Someone once said, “Home is where the heart is.” If this is true the question becomes “where is my heart,” for where my heart is there my home will be. This is an interesting question because Jesus said the greatest commandments were to have our hearts (love) directed towards God and our neighbor. If we are obedient does this mean that God Himself and our neighbors are our home?

1 Comments:

At May 04, 2005 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. For now, I think it means that we are in temporary tents as we direct our hearts towards the Home ("Rest" in Hebrews) where true Love is ultimate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home