Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Makes me want to stay for awhile


I bought the new Matthews band album yesterday (Target has the dual disc on sale for $11.98). I am not a Johnny-come-lately fan of the band, I have been listening to their music ever since Under the table in '94 (yes I was twelve and I thought the hey la la la's on "the best of what's around" was right on). It appears the band has been introduced to a new way of recording, the producer for this album has his roots in hip-hop as appose to the rock-and -roll producers the band normally uses. I have to say that even though I miss the acoustic feel of "Lie in our graves" the new beats make me tap my feet and bob my head. Of course, Dave's voice sounds gruff as ever; however, the guys of the Matthews band have put out some new tunes that are a welcomed sound to my ears after all the live albums. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2005 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so cute, baby. I'm glad that you like the new CD. I'm glad that you bought it for yourself too. You are wonderful! We can listen to it on the way to the beach!!

 
At May 12, 2005 7:52 PM, Blogger Jeffrey said...

MCavin- After two days of listing I like about 30% of the new album. I wish the whole album had the feel of the first 4 songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home