Friday, May 06, 2005

Risk?

My roommate of two years and one of my best friends graduated from college yesterday in Greenville. During the ceremony the speaker (who donated one million dollars to the new graduate program) spoke on living life in such a way that shame does not befall you during judgment. At the beginning of his brief speech he made the comment that God took a risk in creating man because man could choose to love God or not, mankind could choose to seek after their maker or choose their own path. I began to squirm in my seat as he spoke these words of what I believe is bad theology. I for one don’t believe God took a risk in creating man, I believe He began a progress of gracious redemption that would display the fullness of His glory to those created to the praise of His glory. The cross was on the table from the foundation on the world, God is not surprised in such a way to have to conjure a plan B. The effect of the cross was sure, the righteousness of God displayed, the course of human history in conformity to the pleasing plan of the Father through the obedience of His son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home