Friday, May 13, 2005

Why?

Describe a dream day…. I think if someone were to ask me to describe a dream day my thoughts would go to a people free beach with palm trees somewhere in Mexico or the Caribbean. The dream day would include a bright sunny day with a cool breeze (The kind of day where you could get a tan but not have to sweat for it) The sun’s ray could only tan and not burn. The water would be the perfect temperature. The waves would be killer. There would be a huge beach house with surfboards, guitars, pool, bar (non-alcoholic), and friends. Van Morrison would be the soundtrack for the day without speakers the music would be in the breeze. The dream day would end with a dinner date for two at some beachside restaurant and a long walk on the beach at sunset, letting the cooling sand and bare feet collide. In my mind there are many more details such as who the date is and what she would be wearing, how everyone would somehow have the skills of a professional surfer, the layout of the beach house, etc. I am sure that with more time to think I could come up with several other dream day scenarios; however, the one included here was the first thing to come to mind. Why is it that Heaven is not first to my mind? Why would the date be a girl instead of Jesus? I am currently thinking over these questions…more to come.

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2005 10:44 AM, Blogger Jesster said...

You're thinking earthly pleasures, not heavenly. We've got to do the best we can with what we have. I'm all in favor of palm trees, myself. :)

 
At May 13, 2005 1:12 PM, Blogger Jeffrey said...

jesster- As C.S. Lewis wrote, "we are far too easily pleased." Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home