Friday, June 10, 2005

"Best"

Last night I caught the Foo Fighters (I guess someone has to do it) performing the song “best of you” on the MTV Movie Awards. The song asks the question “are they getting the best of you?” I am not sure of the question’s meaning. I suppose it means one of two things: (1) Is someone getting the best of you by taking advantage of you, or (2) Is someone getting the best of you. I began to think about the latter. Are the people I know (co-workers, family, friends, etc) getting the best of me? Does the best mean “all” of me? Does the best mean 100% effort? Does best mean honesty? Does best mean full attention? The truth is, I don’t really know what it means for me to give someone my best. Maybe if I asked the Father how, He would tell me to simply love them. The avenue is always lengthening and I am still learning how to walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home