Monday, June 27, 2005

Lots of Love

I traveled to North Carolina this past weekend to join in on the celebratory birthday bash for my now 80-year-old grandfather. There are many details of the trip that could be shared here, such as the history of rock and roll marathon, the late night world’s biggest mysteries, the 100 year old lady, the realization of how selfless my grandmother is, the laughs, the flawless execution of a surprise party, the aunt Jane tour of the town, etc.; however, I will share one. At the end of the surprise party for my grandfather, a lady made this comment to me “This family sure knows how to love.” This lady who I had never met was my great aunt. I suppose that her comment describes the trip.

1 Comments:

At July 02, 2005 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got to meet your great aunt! I hope that you had a fun trip. I'm sorry I missed the party. I can't wait to hear your Papa play the banjo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home