Friday, June 03, 2005

Reaching


Join me in left field for a few moments. It seems that the Church, at least the churches I have been around, have placed a large emphasis on "reaching the lost" through commercial means. We have programs for everything. As of late the popular program of purpose. I wonder how much money is going towards programs verses how much is going towards the poor, sick, widows, etc. It seems we place a high priority on "reaching" people. Are we reaching them to place them where we want them to be, or where God wants them to be. I think that all this "reaching" is internally man-centered with a God-centered exterior. Our theology is too weak making our desire for joy too weak. This leaves us half-hearted, externally righteous, and probably just busy instead of productive. I have been studying a doctrine of grace that is becoming dear to me. It seems that if this doctrine is true, and the church embraced it, our "reaching" would be transformed. I suppose that I will have to learn this new "reaching" on my own or perhaps, (and hopefully) with a group of like-minded and like-hearted people. In fact, I am pretty sure that if the apostle of the heart set free visited this group he would see the church. Of course, I could be wrong. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home