Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mr. Wizard

During a conversation last week with a close friend I expressed a new discovery, which to some will appear meaningless and to others will make no sense whatsoever. The discovery is that there is something magical in asking questions. At this point in the post I suppose the excitement has taken a hit and will never recover… I am okay with that. When I use the term “magical” I am not referring to hocus pocus, rabbit out of the hat stuff, rather, magical meaning- having seemingly supernatural qualities or powers. For those still struggling with the choice of word, let me say it this way, when one is seeking their joy in the joy of another and appraising and contemplating both the spoken word and the unspoken in a debt of love…God does something in the heart of the questioner that evokes the correct sentence structure to open corridors of the heart of the one being questioned. Perhaps it has happened more; however, I have only been aware that it was happening a few times. Returning to my original term, Jesus was a wizard.

2 Comments:

At August 18, 2005 12:07 PM, Blogger rod said...

"magic" is one of my favorite words.

 
At August 19, 2005 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffrey,
If only I could be content to simply ask the question and not try to answer it too ... will I ever learn? Oh for wisdom ... I continue to pray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home